Recent Fire Damage Posts
Fire In Basement
Here at SERVPRO we take pride in our long list of services we provide to our clients. On this list is fire damage restoration. One of our clients had the unfortunately experienced a fire in their basement and called us to help them out of their situation. As you can see in the picture on the right the fire tarnished much of the foundation of the basement. Our crew went in and cleaned up all the debris the fire had left behind. Once they were done with the cleanup they moved on to replacing basement with a new foundation. Our client was very pleased with the level of professionalism they received as well as the final product of the basement. The best part of our job is knowing we helped alleviate the stress of a worried client.
Fires are More Common Than You Think
There is a long list of causes when it comes to home fires. They're beginning to become a commonality. When you're a victim of a house fire you lose everything; all the memories you've made, burnt to a crisp.
Some practices to preventing a fire in your home are as follows:
- Make sure everything is switched OFF and unplugged
- Check/Inspect your chimney annually
- Keep comforters and anything flammable away from heaters
- Test fire alarms/ replace batteries frequently
- Never smoke in the home
- Keep a spoon or spatula as a reminder when cooking/ do not leave stove tops unattended when lit
It is widely recommended that families practice a fire escape route in the event a fire does occur. No one sees a fire coming and it's best you know what plan of action to take in case you're faced with one.
In the event your home has endured a fire, call SERVPRO of Hoboken/ Union City at 201-656-0035 and we'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Fire Damage In Kitchen
Here at SERVPRO we take pride in our long list of services we provide to our clients. On this list is fire damage restoration. Any type of fire is a big deal to us here at SERVPRO of Hoboken/ Union City. That’s why when we got a call about a small kitchen fire we told the customer we’d be more than happy to help. Not pictured here is where the damage of the fire had taken place, above the cabinets the damage was the most visible. Not pictured is the damage to the stove and counter tops. As you can see when looking at the picture on the right our crew restored the kitchen like there was never a fire a there in the first place.
Fire Damage In Resident Basement
Here at SERVPRO of Hoboken/ Union City we understand how badly some fires can affect our customers. Not only do they do damage to the homes and businesses to so many individuals but they also cause a tremendous amount of stress. We are here to alleviate that stress and restore your home back to the way it once was prior to damage. This job classifies as fire damage as you can see the color of the beams after the fire got to them when looking at the picture. Our crew went in with the proper tools to get rid of all the garbage and debris the fire left behind to make this house look like a home again. Our customer was very happy with the level of professionalism we provided. It’s easy to get worked up when something like this happens to you but don’t worry SERVPRO is #heretohelp.
Soot From Fire Damage
A fire that started in the elevator shaft of a commercial building caused repercussions throughout different parts of the structure as well. Unless it's summer and you're sitting next to a bonfire fires are never anticipated. In almost any case, they are not what any business owner wants for themselves. As you can see in the picture we have a different point of view from the building and there is soot damage present on the flooring. This is shown by the darker color on the floor and the foot prints shown within them. SERVPRO of Hoboken/Union City went in to this job and before we even put a single piece of equipment down we assured the business owner that this was nothing new to us.
Here at SERVPRO of Hoboken/Union City we have a long list of jobs we specialize in going beyond fire, soot, and mold. Cleaning up fire damage is one of our specialties. So naturally, when a local high school suffered a grease fire in their kitchen we were more than happy to help clean up the damage. It is our job here at SERVPRO to make accidents look "Like it never even happened." The extent of the fire was pretty bad as soot covered most the walls. Our team used our special SERVPRO cleaning products to help restore the kitchen to a much cleaner state. The owners of the property were very pleased with the rate of our work as well as the final product.