What Can A Fire Damage Restoration Company Do For You?
Here are some disturbing statistics: House fires in the United States kill approximately 4,000 people every year. In 2019, in the United States, every 24 seconds on average, a fire was responded to by a fire department. Every 93 seconds, a home fire was reported. Every three hours, a home fire death occurred. Every 43 minutes, a home fire injury occurred.
What does that point to? Answer: In this country, it's very likely a home will experience a fire of varying severity. If, at your business or home, you ever face a fire, obviously, the fire department will be the first call you make. Following that, however, a company experienced and knowledgeable in fire restoration should be contacted (along with your insurance company).
Can they wave their hand and magically restore your property to its former beauty in an instant? Of course not. But they will help you get your home or business back on its feet as quickly and expertly as possible. If, that is, you pick the right company. Later, we'll introduce you to just such a fire restoration team. (Spoiler: It’s SERVPRO of Hoboken.)
Fire Restoration – What Is It?
For the sake of brevity, let's look at the basics involved in fire restoration. To its preloss state, a smoke and fire damaged property can be returned through the process of fire damage restoration. Depending on the damage caused and the size of the fire, the process of restoration can take up to several months, but possibly only as little as a few weeks.
What can be involved?
- Complete reconstruction
- Property board up
- Fire restoration
- Soot and odor removal
- Debris removal
Will every one of those be involved? Not necessarily. However, because fire damage is frequently followed by water damage, water restoration services will be part of the fire restoration service. Let's break down these basics.
The Process of Fire Damage Restoration
The following steps are, for the most part, involved in a fire restoration service/project:
- Once entry to the burned structure is deemed safe, the process begins. Damage will be assessed by experts. Questions that will be answered: How far has smoke penetrated the structure? Regarding cleanup, how lengthy and extensive will it be? Emergency repairs are then completed. Against more damage, the property is protected by sealing things that need it: putting a fence around the property, boarding up windows and doors, etc.
- Contents removal will be executed first, by salvaging any contents from the property. The items will be carefully removed if it is deemed practical by the owner/team. These items will be removed from the property, sanitized/cleaned, and restored. At a warehouse facility or some other location, the items will be stored until you move back into your property. To recover damaged documents and/or records, commercial customer services may be provided if the damage involved has occurred where a business is concerned.
- Following fire damage, water damage usually occurs, as suggested earlier. So, affected areas must have all the water removed and be completely dried out. As soon as possible, this must be done because the contents and the structure itself can be further damaged the longer the water sits. To prevent secondary damage (mold), dehumidifier services will be performed in addition to drying.
- Controlled demolition may need to be done if certain property sections are deemed irreparable. Demolition of ceilings, flooring, drywall, and other materials will be followed by removal of said materials.
- The contents within your property and building materials will be damaged because soot is acidic. It is essential that a cleaning and decontamination process take place next. Any byproducts considered harmful must be cleaned professionally and removed safely. This could even include sewage if you're dealing with a burst pipe. That means additional viruses and bacteria must be considered.
Call SERVPRO of Hoboken/Union City For Commercial or Residential Fire Restoration
Thanks to extensive education and experience, the SERVPRO of Hoboken/Union City team knows the damage and hazards fires routinely cause. But we stand ready, waiting for your call! We have 24-hour emergency service and are faster to any disaster than our competition.
In addition to fire restoration, we provide cleaning services, residential services, and commercial services that cover the damage done by water, mold, and so much more. We use highly trained restoration technicians and the most advanced restoration and cleaning equipment available.
Within the restoration industry, we are a valued and trusted leader. What’s more, we’re locally owned and operated.
Call us at 201-656-0035 or contact us through our convenient online form.